Arras WordPress Theme: Multi Column For Magazine / News Blog
Arras 1.5.5 WordPress Theme
Arras WordPress theme became my favorite theme when stumbled on all the wonderful features I was looking for in any theme. I decided to give Arras a chance and it turn out with easy customization since it has a user CSS file where you can put all your codes making it easy to style your site without doing any harm to your main theme files.
Arras theme is an advanced, simple and clean WordPress with lots of features for a magazine or news blog. The theme is one of the professional WordPress theme having a homepage that comes with 4 different customizable layout; having a One, Two, and Three column layouts with Seven different alternate style.
The new Arras 1.5.5 is WordPress 3.0+ compatible with two menu locations, custom post types and custom taxonomies support. The theme has a child theme with many action and filter hooks available to use.
Be on the lookout for Arras 1.6 WordPress themes 2014 which will bring the theme into compliance with WordPress 3.9.1 standards in July fixing more than 25 bugs and other compliance issues. The theme will surely offer a stable and error-free experience and play well with an even wider range of plugins. The updated version 1.6 will have HTML5 doctype, making it all the latest semantic markup available to user.
Features to look for in Arras 1.6
- Combining all Arras options to a single options page in the WordPress admin
- Add Previous and Next links to single posts display
- Add new customization option in the header, to include
- Custom header background colors
- A new widget area in the header will replace the search bar with option of ability to put a search bar in the widget
- Theme compatibility with WordPress’s built-in header customization will replace the old Arras Logo feature for more flexibility
Arras 1.6 will still make user.css available. However, future versions will not. I recommend beginning now to move any custom styles you may have in your user.css either to a CSS plugin or to the style.css file in a child theme. (A starter Arras child theme style.css will continue to be provided with all Arras downloads.)
But unfortunately, Arras 1.6 will not be mobile-ready. The company looking at extending Arras WordPress theme to mobile-readiness in future